Speech Therapy Services
We provide a range of speech pathology services for children and adults.
We provide assessment and therapy for children and adults in the following areas:
- Developmental Disorders, including Autism Spectrum Disorders (multidisciplinary assessments are also available)
- Receptive and Expressive Language
- Communication and play skills
- Speech Sounds (i.e. articulation)
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Fluency (stuttering)
- Social Skills
- Literacy, including:
- Phonological Awareness and Phonological Processing (hearing and manipulating sounds in words)
- Reading Fluency
- Writing Sentences and Stories
- Voice quality and projection
All assessments are completed in a non-threatening, enjoyable manner. Essential to our service is developing rapport with individuals and ensuring they feel comfortable and enjoy themselves in all sessions.
We start with an initial consultation with one of our senior therapists in our clinics. Following the initial consultation, the therapist will analyse the results following a multi-dimensional model which looks at all aspects of communication and development, to determine the client’s strengths and areas for enhancement. A goal based intervention plan will then be created and discussed during a feedback session.
REPORTS AND FUNDING APPLICATIONS
Further formal assessments including comprehensive assessment reports are available. This may be beneficial for applying for funding, and/or to inform other professionals working with your child (e.g. teacher, paediatrician).
We partner with educational facilities and other professionals to write government funding applications (including; early intervention programs, helping children with autism packages and the program for students with disabilities etc.).
The Voice Within Speech Pathology provides goal directed, client-centred therapy to support individuals to reach their goals. We believe that learning best occurs when an individual is actively engaged and enjoying themselves. Thus therapy encompasses games, creative activities and technology.
Our therapists have specialized training in: (click on each point for more information)
- The Early Start Denver Model for children with autism
- Verbal Motor Learning for apraxia of speech
- Multidisciplinary Therapy for developmental disorders
- Voice Craft Pty Ltd
- Preschool language assessment and intervention (BLADES)
- Play based therapy
- Social skills therapy using the Social Thinking curriculum
SUPERVISED SPEECH THERAPY PROGRAMS
Supervised speech therapy programs are also available. This involves a speech pathologist completing assessments and the intervention being carried out by our talented Therapy Assistants. This is a great way to reduce therapy costs and allow for increased intensity if it is required.
Speech Therapy For Adults
We also provide speech pathology assessment and therapy services for adults. We are able to provide informal assessment and therapy for adults requiring training and supporting with:
- Vocal health and projection
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Rebuilding language and speech skills following a stoke or traumatic brain injury
- Articulation and speech sounds
- Reading and writing difficulties including dyslexia
- Writing skills
We are passionate about supporting and training speakers, performers and singers who are wanting to improve how their voice sounds, their vocal quality, vocal health and vocal stamina.
We have therapists who have undergone specific training and education in the area of voice disorders, vocal health and voice production with professional and recreational voice users. We provide assessment using voice analysis software and treatment using the many researched based techniques including the Voicecraft International Pty. Ltd techniques.