Speech and Language Pathologist
Melbourne, Caulfield South – Full-Time / Part-Time Employee or Contractor
We’re looking for a Full-Time or Part-Time experienced and enthusiastic Speech and Language Pathologist to join us in our mission to help empower everyone to transcend and further develop to their best potential.
Who we are
Voice Within provides allied health services aligned with our core vision, mission and values to empower everyone to further develop to their best potential. In a collaborative approach, we utilise holistic and evidence based practises to help our clients achieve their goals whilst having fun.
We truly value our team. We work towards empowering our team with the skills, resources and guidance required to further help them empower themselves and our community.
Our aim is to ensure our team is equipped from the start to manage, identify and work through solutions in a range of mild to complex cases. Approaching each case in an agile manner to provide the most appropriate service delivery, stakeholder support and solution based thinking.
Commitment to Child Safety and Wellbeing
At the Voice Within Therapy Centre we are committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all the children and young people (under 18 years old) who we support and attend our clinic. We won’t tolerate any child abuse and harm. We work towards creating a culture where the prevention and reporting of child abuse and harm is supported and encouraged. Our goal is for all children, young people and their families to feel safe and enjoy working with us at the Voice Within Therapy Centre.
About the Speech and Language Pathologist role
As our Full-Time or Part-Time Speech and Language Pathologist, you will be working within a fun and supportive multidisciplinary allied health team to deliver high quality, holistic and evidence-based Speech Pathology assessments and treatments to a diverse caseload of children and adults.
- Undertaking Speech Pathology assessments and treatments for children and adults in a varied caseload
- Providing Speech Pathology services at various locations including our fun and personalised clinic spaces, homes, schools, early education settings as well as via Telehealth
- Exercising independent judgment and problem-solving skills with clinical practice supervision
- Clinical administration duties including report writing and planning
- Contributing to the development of clinical practices, procedures, resource development and research projects
- Creating and presenting engaging presentations as required
- Following service quality standards, occupational health and safety policies and procedures
- Uphold and follow our Child Safety and Wellbeing Policies and Procedures and attend mandatory trainings to help ensure the safety and wellbeing of all the children and young people we support
Skills and Qualifications
- Have a Tertiary degree in Speech Pathology
- Have Speech Pathology work experience
- Demonstrate a high professional standard of oral and written communication skills
- Build effective working relationships, connections and rapport with all key stakeholders
- Be understanding of the needs of people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Be reliable and uphold a strong work ethic with results-based outcomes
- Have strong time management, organisation and planning skills
- Have highly developed administrative skills
- Have intermediate technological skills
What we can offer you
Ongoing 1:1 Supervision
Ongoing supervision to assist with guiding, planning and development as a professional and clinician as well as to improve therapy progression.
Being part of a team dedicated to making change
Identifying ongoing solutions for our clients and key stakeholders to promote change with the support of our dedicated and collaborative team.
Supporting a diverse range of clients
The opportunity to provide therapy support to a diverse caseload of children (primarily) and adults including mild to complex cases.
Flexible working arrangements
Having the flexibility to work the days, times and locations where appropriate for conducting duties and administration.
Professional development opportunities and budget
We encourage professional development and provide a budget as well as opportunities for training and development both onsite and externally.
We provide training and guidance to develop leadership qualities and skills to progress as a professional and clinician for all experience levels.
Accessible clinic and learning spaces
Our team is welcome to work from our personalised clinic to plan and provide a range of clinical services for assessments and therapy.
Practice management and administrative support
Our admin and practice management team can take care of administrative needs, so you can focus on providing clinical services.
Paid Speech Pathology Australia Membership
For Full-Time employees, we will cover the cost of your Speech Pathology Australia membership.
Who we’re looking for
Voice Within is looking for team members dedicated to:
Empowering the community
Dedicated individuals with a strong desire to lead and empower our community as well as themselves to reach their best potential.
Flexible thinking and providing solutions
Being curious and flexible in thinking and service delivery to provide ongoing solutions for our community with an agile approach.
Presenting professionalism for others by paying attention to manners, methods and punctuality.
Compassion and respect
Sharing compassion for others by building relationships based on integrity, mutual trust, respect and transparency.
Always seeking knowledge, professional development and upskilling opportunities through experience and trainings combined with a strong work ethic.
Collaboration and inclusion
Including and collaborating with all relevant stakeholders to ensure the best therapy progression.
What you need to join
- Speech Pathology Australia Membership
- Employee Working with Children Check
- NDIS Workers Screening Check (with included Police Check)
- Medicare Provider Number
- Current Victorian Driver’s License and own transport (travel will be reimbursed for employees)
- At least two references for referee checks
Apply for the Speech and Language Pathologist Role
Please kindly fill out and submit this application form if you’d like to work at the Voice Within. Please ensure your Resume/ CV and Cover Letter are on the same file to upload with your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!