Below are a range of policies we adhere to at the Voice Within. Please email [email protected] if you have any questions regarding our policies.
Last updated: March 22, 2022
Personal information we collect and store
The following is the information we may collect and store from you on our website:
- Information you provide via online forms, including: contact forms, referral forms, job application forms, intake forms, feedback forms and testimonial forms
- Information you provide when signing up to our newsletter
- Usage data. Usage Data is automatically collected when using our website. Depending on how you interact with our website it may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, how you interacted with those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information when you:
- Submit an online form, including: contact forms, referral forms, job application forms, intake forms, feedback forms and testimonial forms
- Sign up to our newsletter
- Use our website
Where your personal information is stored
Your personal information is securely stored on our website and third party applications and providers that support the functionality of our website and services provided to you.
The security of your personal information is important to us, however please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Why we collect your personal information
Here are reasons we may collect personal information from you:
- to contact you
- to access our services
- for your feedback
- to receive your testimonials
- for internal administrative purposes
- for website analytics
- for marketing and advertising purposes of our services
- to comply with a legal obligation and to resolve a dispute
- for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, products, services, marketing and your experience
How we will use and disclose your personal information
We will use the personal information you have provided to us to best provide our services to you.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With employees and contractors: we may disclose your personal information with our employees and contractors for them to best provide services to you.
- With third party service providers: we may share your personal information with third party service providers to host, support, monitor and analyse the use of our website, marketing and advertising providers and payment service providers.
- With your consent: we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Tracking technologies and cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics, marketing and advertising purposes.
To help analyse our website as well as our marketing and advertising we use Google Analytics. Please see here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to know how Google Analytics collects and processes data. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics, you can do so here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Google’s reCAPTCHA v3 and Google Analytics does not provide us with any personal identifiable information from yourself.
Links to other websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party websites or services.
How you can access and correct your personal information
You can access and correct your personal identifiable information by contacting us at [email protected].
Lodging a complaint
If you believe your personal information has been mishandled, you are welcome to lodge a complaint with us. Please email [email protected] and we would be happy to assist you.
When you use our service, we ask for details about you and your child so that we may identify the best way to assist him or her. We may need to gain knowledge of your child’s abilities by using prescribed assessment processes. This information is collected so that we can:
- establish what support your child will require
- provide your child with appropriate services
- administer and manage the services we provide
- contact a person on your behalf in case of an emergency
We may need to seek additional information to support and assist the general well-being of your child. To assist with the assessment of your child’s needs, information may be collected from medical practitioners, health professionals, and education staff involved in the planning of your child’s general well-being and education. If you choose not to provide the therapist with part or all of the information required, we may not be able to provide all the services required to support and assist your child.
Confidentiality and Security of Information
Under the Privacy Act (1988) Allied Health Therapist have a legal duty to keep client information confidential and secure.
Client information developed by the therapist will be held in the electronic systems of The Voice Within Therapy Centre. These electronic systems are secured with a password, allowing only the Voice Within Therapy Centre team to access these. All paper documentation provided to the therapist will be held in a locked filing cabinet. There are strict guidelines as to who can access this information.
If information about yourself is requested from the therapist, the parent’s verbal or written consent will need to be given before this is passed on.
Video and audio recordings may be required during sessions for assessment and therapy purposes. Please advise the therapist if you do not wish your child to be videoed or recorded.
Accessing your child’s information and how to gain further information
You have the right to access information that you have provided to the service. If requested, we will provide you with a summary of assessments and therapy completed at the fee stated above. If you have concerns about privacy please do not hesitate to contact our Practice Manager.
Our session reminders will be sent 72 hours before your session. The cancellation fee equals the full fee of the session.
- If you and/ or your child are unable to attend the session, at least 48 hours cancellation notice must be given via text message or phone call to (03) 9596 7962 or +61 408 413 141. No cancellation fee will be charged if 48 hours cancellation notice is given.
- If you don’t provide cancellation notice within 48 hours, you will be charged the cancellation fee and provided with homework and/or notes for that cancelled session.
- In the case of you and/ or your child waking up sick or with Covid-19 symptoms, you must please notify us by text message or phone call to (03) 9596 7962 or +61 408 413 141 by 8:00am on that day. For sessions starting at 8:00am only, please email your cancellation notice to the Therapist directly as they will be prepared at the venue prior to 8:00am. If you cancel by 8:00am, no cancellation fee will be charged.
- If there are any special school occasions which will cause your child to miss their session (e.g. assembly, sports carnivals, excursions, camps etc) you must inform us by text message or phone call to (03) 9596 7962 or +61 408 413 141 at least 48 hours before the session.
- To best serve our community and ensure effective intervals for successful therapy, you are allowed up to three cancellations a quarter per year with at least 48 hours notice given in order to keep your ongoing booked time. This is because you are reserving this time and we are unable to offer this to other clients. If you are having to cancel more than three sessions a quarter per year due to unforeseen circumstances, please discuss this with your Therapist and Practice Manager.
Staying Onsite Policy
- To ensure service provision is provided in a safe, minimal risk, comfortable and safe environment for both clients and clinicians.
- To ensure the best effectiveness of therapy with the communication, discussion and involvement of parents, guardians and/or carers.
At the Voice Within, it is our priority to provide a safe and minimal risk environment for both our clients and clinicians. Due to our vision and mission at the Voice Within, as well as recommendations from Speech Pathology Australia’s Ethics Board and the Guild Insurance body, we provide all our services with parents, guardian and/or carer onsite at the Voice Within Therapy Centre or a home environment. This is in consideration of the following:
Provision of a safe space for both clients and clinicians as per the Child Well Being and Safety Act 2005
Severe behaviour challenges
Health and Safety Protocols considering spaces and infection risk
Child’s anxiety without their parents
Punctual start and end times of the session considering other clients on the schedule
Providing effective communication and feedback of the session
Times where there might not be anyone else in the clinic
Ability of the child to independently use the toilet
In consideration of the above, the following indicates our policy:
Parents/ caregivers/ guardians are onsite for the entire time of the session either in the session room, or waiting areas in the premises of the clinic. We ask that you kindly do not wait in your car.
For home sessions, parents/ caregivers/ guardians are to be present in the home for the whole duration of the sessions.
- For school/ kinder sessions, parents/ caregivers/ guardians can attend but only if possible. School/ kinder sessions will be conducted in the space provided by the kinder/school. Clinical notes highlighting the session will be sent post session.
All our payments occur on the day of the service provisions. Payments are only accepted via Credit Card Auto Debits, NDIS Managed Funds and NDIS Plan Managed Funds. NDIS self managed participants are considered as private clients under the Credit Card Auto Debit system.
All our Credit Card Auto Debits are processed via the secure payment system on our information management system. Voice Within Therapy Centre uses the Practice Management Software, Halaxy. We take an automatic payment on the day of treatment, and a receipt is issued via email. We ask that you complete and return our Debit/Credit Account Form, which is also attached with the intake email. Halaxy is protected by 256-bit bank grade security and encryption, which means your patient records, notes and payment information are protected to the same level used in banks. All information is stored in a securely protected data centre in Australia. All credit card payments will incur an additional 2% plus $1 fee during processing. Please visit this link for more information regarding the safety of using Halaxy.
NDIS Managed Funds are claimed as per your service agreement for the amount of sessions and NDIS fee structure. We can only claim amounts as per your service agreement document for sessions via the NDIS Provider Portal.
NDIS Plan Managed payments occur following invoice emails sent to NDIS Plan Managers after sessions. Payments will then be transferred to us by your Plan Manager under your authorisation.
All invoice transfer payments have been discontinued since 2017.
Last updated: March 9, 2022
Kindly find the following list of Health and Safety measures below that applies to all clients, families, visitors and team members to ensure we continue to deliver our best services in a safe space:
- Masks are required to be worn by everyone over the age of 8 years old in our waiting room as it is a publicly accessible area unless you have a lawful reason to not wear a mask.
- Only team members are required to be up-to-date with a Covid-19 vaccine and need to show their proof of vaccination to Voice Within Therapy Centre unless holding a valid medical exemption.
- Tele Rehabilitation services will be ongoing where necessary.
- All clients, families, visitors, team members and professionals at the Clinic are recommended to thoroughly wash their hands with soap and/or sanitise their hands before and after each session. Hand sanitisers will be located in each room, and additional hand sanitiser will be provided upon request.
- All therapy items and commonly used surfaces will be cleaned by the Voice Within Therapy Centre when required.
- Face-to-face sessions will not be conducted by team members who exhibit any cold or flu like symptoms.
- Face-to-face sessions will not be conducted by team members who are in quarantine after traveling overseas.
- Please refrain from attending face-to-face sessions if a client, family member and/or carer exhibits any cold or flu like symptoms. A session can be stopped by a team member should this occur in the session.
- Please refrain from attending face-to-face sessions if you are required to be in quarantine after traveling overseas. This applies to all clients, family members and carers.
- Any incidents related to risks of infection or virus transmission will be reported and recorded by Nichols Pakkiam, Director of the Voice Within Therapy Centre based on the Voice Within Therapy Centre ‘Incident Management Policy’ and ‘Risk Management Policy’. Any required CovidSafe actions by the Department of Health and Human Services in relation to cleaning and/or pausing services will be managed by the Practice Manager.
We appreciate your kind cooperation and understanding in regards to these procedures and protocols. We strive to continue delivering our best services in the safest possible way. Please email [email protected] if you have any questions regarding our CovidSafe plan.