Parent Communication Strategy Resources
Language resources and games can be used to assist in the implementation of your child’s Speech Therapy goals for both comprehension and expression of language.
Home Practice Games
To provide simple activities and tasks for home practice using these existing resources.
These ideas will create simple practical solutions for home practice to make it enjoyable and empowering.
To provide strategies in any environment to create communication opportunities by modifying the environment.
These ideas provide practical ways to make changes in our environment and communication environments to provide the opportunity for a child to initiate a variety of communication functions.
Language development parent/ family strategies
To provide home communication strategies to facilitate language development for a child.
These websites for parents include general tips to develop and facilitate communication and language expression at home which is an excellent tool itself and complementary to therapy sessions.
- The Hanen Centre® – Helpful information for parents and professionals
- Parenting Expert to Mom – Strategies to Encourage Language Development in Early Childhood
- Reading Rockets – Activities to Encourage Speech and Language Development
- Child Mind Institute – Helping Toddlers With Language Skills
- raisingchildren.net.au – Language development in children: 0-8 years
Please get in touch
We would love for you to get in touch to determine the best next steps for you. Please kindly fill out and submit the form below.